This Green Moon is nestled in the ancient Swillington Farm Woodlands and Estate (160 acres of organic loveliness).
Our ethos at This Green Moon is to have a light environmental impact and to carry a sustainable approach throughout every aspect of the business. We want to make sure that we do our bit for the environment and local economy, so here’s what we’re up to..
• Food sold on site is sourced locally, wherever possible.
• The willow used in our fencing is coppiced from site, ensuring its regrowth and sustainability.
• We recycle 97% of our waste (3% to landfill) by sending it all off to a lovely waste recycling company that sorts everything.
• Our ‘green’ cups and ‘not a plastic glass’ glasses are fully compostable on the farm.
• We have almost zero litter, even on the busiest days – we find visitors respect the woodland environment they are playing in.
• We have really strong Tree and Environmental Management Plans for a previously unmanaged landscape.
• We’re in the process of constructing a willow, fully compostable toilet, which we’re very proud of.
• We have incorporated bird boxes into Swilligog villages so they can live together.